Realistic neck trainer with Hematoma
This silicone neck trainer simulates a neck wound after the thyroid gland has been removed. To start the training the wounds in membrane and skin should be sutured closed. The hematoma under the wound should be filled with air or blood depending on the scenario of training. This model can be used on a manikin or standard patient. Just wrap it around the neck and fasten at the back with the Velcro. Hide the bottom edges with pyjama’s or surgical gown.
This model is meant for suturing only. When spotting the hematoma the sutures should be removed and the bleeding located. Then the blood can be retracted again and the neck sutured back again. This is the simple training with suturing only.
More advanced is to actually cut the hematoma inside the neck to find and close the bleeding point. Mind that if the hematoma is opened to bleed, it has to be repaired before the neck model can be used again. Repairing is easy with the silicone included.
The model consists of 4 layers:
- Skin layer
- Underplaying membrane
- Strap muscles
- Inner layer with visible trachea
This product includes:
- Neck model
- Repair silicone
How to use this model:
- The cut is pre-made and the edges are reinforced and CAN BE sutured. Under the cut is a hematoma that can be filled with air or blood through the tube syringe system.
- The top 2 layers, skin and membrane, can be sutured with a smooth round suturing needle. The lower layers can be inspected.
- The model can be used multiple times.
|5.5 kg. Total weight with the plastic storage case.
|Platinum Silicone, Plastic tubing
- Do NOT pull on any hair [if applicable], and be gentle cleaning the model. As Silicone is an oil-based product, it may become a little shiny over time. Wipe off any oily residue with Isopropyl Alcohol. Dry with a hairdryer.
- You can use talc powder to mattify shiny areas.
- The silicone can be washed with warm soapy water and disinfected with Iso Alcohol.
- Make sure all blood is removed from the blood tubes and avoid the use of sweet syrup-based blood. Store this product clean and dry in a dark and cool environment.
- Models can be repaired with our FX Silicone Repair KitFXSIL400 Large Silicone Repair Kit 400G. For more information on how to repair your silicone appliance, check our instructional video here.
Simovation warrants that the products supplied will be of good quality and reasonably fit for the purpose(s) mentioned in the descriptions. All products that are faulty or damaged need to be notified, with a photo of the damage, within a week after receiving the products. If the damage or fault is due to fabrication, the faulty product can be returned and repaired, replaced, or refunded.
Simovation offers a 6-month warranty on the silicone parts of your model. With normal, gentle use no rips or tears should occur. There is no warranty on hair-work.
All our trauma models are handmade and may have small imperfections and slight variations from our web shop image.